Cowell College Academic Advising
Welcome to Cowell College Advising!
Our mission is to support you in pursuing and achieving your academic goals. We'll do our best to enhance your educational experience and empower you to make the most of your time at UCSC. Cowell advisers are available to:
- provide you with guidance on academic scheduling and planning.
- help understand General Education and University requirements.
- help you identify and develop personal educational and career goals.
- assist you in identifying additional campus resources to enhance your academic career.
The college system is designed to create smaller living and learning communities within the larger university campus. Students affiliate with a college through graduation and beyond. If you are a Cowell student now, we hope that you always will be.
Lead Academic Preceptor Ethan Hutchinson and Academic Advisers Asia Dotson and Kaitlin Jacobson are available to answer your questions about scheduling classes, degree requirements, qualifying for a major, educational support and opportunities, and almost anything else you can think of. And when we don't know the answer, we usually know who does.
So, please, come to us when you need help, inspiration, or just a sounding board. We are here for you!
- Phone: (831) 459-2253
- Fax: (831) 459-5348
- Email: email@example.com (include your student ID)
- Address: 1156 High St. Santa Cruz CA 95064
- The College Office is typically open Mon.-Fri. 9am-4pm (except holidays).
- Drop ins and appointments during regular quarters (fall, winter, spring) are available Mon.-Fri. 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30 (with the exception of some Thurs. mornings). Summer quarter advising is done by appointment only.
- For more information about advising, visit us here.