Contact and Advising Hours
- Phone: (831) 459-2253
- Fax: (831) 459-5348
- Email: email@example.com (include your student ID)
- Address: 1156 High St. Santa Cruz CA 95064
- Visit us on Facebook
- Follow @cowelladvising
We are located in the Cowell College Office (in the academic building facing the ocean). The office is open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm with the exception of staff meetings or illnesses. We are closed on all university holidays.
Drop ins and appointments for the regular academic year (fall, winter, spring) : Monday - Friday: 9:30-11:30 am and 1:30-3:30 pm (advising is not available on some Thursday mornings due to campus wide advising meetings*).
Need a Signature?
You can drop off the following forms at our office 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday and they will be available for pick up in 2 business days.
- Part Time Final Quarter Approval
- Veterans Enrollment Verification
- UCEAP Forms (that have already been signed by major and minor advisers)
*Because advising hours do vary from time to time for various reasons (meetings, staff illness, campus-wide closures etc.), we always recommend that students call first if they are coming to campus specifically for advising needs.
Drop-ins vs. appointments:
- Drop-ins are brief 10-15 minute meetings regarding quick quesitons such as: graduation checks, scheduling questions, signatures on forms, etc. Just go ahead and come in for drop in whenever is convenient for you!
- Appointments are 30 minute meetings regarding: readmission, academic standing, petitions or exceptions, etc. (no same-day appointments).
- To make an appointment or for questions about advising contact the front office at (831) 459-2253.
- Questions can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and an advising staff member will respond within 1-2 business days (please include your name and student identification number in ALL email correspondence).
Maximize your advising experience:
- Review your student portal including your Academic Advisement Report and Student Advising Summary.
- Bring a list of questions to help guide your meeting.
- Meet with your major (or prospective) major/minor adviser for any questions about those requirements.
- Follow up with your advisers recommendations to utilize other campus resources as needed.
For more information about Cowell Advising, visit us here.