On the first floor of the Administration building you'll find the Cowell College Office and some staff offices. The College Office is open Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM with firendly staff available to answer your questions or direct you to the proper resource. Lost and Found items are kept here for 30 days, so check promptly.
- The Residential Life & Housing Office, located belown the Cowell/Stevenson Dining Hall, is where residents can go to inquire about all things related to housing: room assignments, housing contracts, lock outs and more. The offices for CREs, ACAO and Housing Coordinator are also located here. Contact info is available here.
- Located in Room 133, just up the hallway from the Coffee Shop, the Programs and Activities office is the hub where many Cowell-wide events are planned. The staff supervise many student crews and volunteers, advise the Cowell Senate, produce the Handout newsletter, and provide resources for students planning and promoting events. Contact info is available here.
- The Dining Hall serves as the closest location for the Cowell and Stevenson students to eat. It is also the site for some Cowell "after-hours" events - concerts, dances, talent nights, and films. To learn more about how to rent the Dining Hall for your event, please see the Room Reservation page.
- The Coffee Shop offers delicious baked goods, chili, salads, sandwhiches and more. It also exhibits student art shows. Cash, check, or flexi-dollars accepted.
- Located around the corner from the Dining Hall, Cowell's largest lounge is used for college-sponsored events, with a big flastscreen TV, fireplace, and a piano. When no events are underway this room functions as a study space. It is not available for reservation for groups outside Cowell College.
- The Page Smith Library serves as a reading and study room for Cowell students and faculty, open nightly until around 2AM. It's books are to be used only within the Library.
- Located adjacent to the Dining Hall entrance, the Gallery hosts student and professional shows. To learn more about the Gallery, please click here.
- All Cowell students are assigned a campus mailbox. The Mail Room is located on the bottom floor of Apartment Building 1. To find out more about the Mailroom, opening a mailbox, or hours, please click here.
- Cowell students enjoy having on of UCSC's computer labs nearby, located in Room 101 of Apartment Building 1. It has both Mac and PC computers. See the lab website for more info on all campus computer labs.
- Located at the end of Apartment Building 3 overlooking the ocean, this lounge is the community space for apartment residents. Students can gain access for studying or gatherings by contacting their apartment RA. Cowell-sponsored events also take place in this room. Check the Handout for upcoming events. This room is not available for reservation by outside groups.
- This is grassy area is the location of the founding of UCSC. It is located north of the Administration Building and next to the Cowell Circle. This space is available for reservation for occasional events. Please see the Room Reservation page for more information.
- Located upstairs from the College Office, this room is used by Cowell student clubs, staff and faculty for meetings, events and occasionally classes. It is not available for reservation for groups outside Cowell College.
- Located across the lower breezeway of the Administration Building, this room is available for reservation for meetings and events, scheduled by the College Office. Please see theRoom Reservation page for more information.
- Boasting one of the best views on campus, the Cowell Courtyard overlooks Monterey Bay and is the gathering spot for the community. It is located in the center of Cowell between the Dining Hall, Page Smith Library and Administration Building. For information about our free speech area in the Courtyard visit our Tabling Page. For information on how to reserve this space for and event, please see the Room Reservation page.
- Located near Apartment Building 3 and overlooking the East Field and Monterey Bay, the Provost House is used by the Cowell Provost and often holds Cowell-sponsored events. To learn more, please contact the College Office.