Withdrawal / Leave of Absence
Leave of Absence (LOA) in between quarters:
- This is when a student is taking a break from UCSC, but have plans to return.
- Students should indicate which quarter they are planning to return (this can be adjusted if necessary).
- Students must be in good academic standing to take a LOA.
- To request a LOA, submit the LOA form to Cowell College via fax: (831) 459-5348; or email.
- For more information, visit us here.
Non-EAP Leave of Absence:
- For Cowell students who are participating in a non-UCSC Education Abroad sponsored program, there are a number of steps to complete, the last step is to to complete paperwork for a LOA and submit it to Cowell College via fax: (831) 459-5348; or email.
Withdrawal in between quarters:
- This is when a student is leaving UCSC and does not plan to return, OR would like to take a break, but they are not in good academic standing.
- Students who withdraw from the university will need to apply for readmission to return.
Leaving the University Mid-Quarter:
- If a student finds that they need to withdraw from the university mid-quarter they may do so by the deadline.
- There are financial implications to withdrawal once the quarter has begun.
- If the deadline has passed, and a student has extenuating circumstances which is preventing them from being able to complete the quarter (medical, family emergency etc.), they will need to provide documentation and should contact Cowell College as soon as possible.